Job Search Help
Graduate employment is an important facet of Orleans Technical College’s training programs. Our Career Services Department helps students to learn effective approaches for entering the labor market, along with methods for developing specific job leads.
How We Guide You
- Employment Specialists meet with students individually and in groups to identify the job search needs of each student and to provide employment assistance.
- They offer orientation to the world of work, provide training in interviewing techniques, and instruct students on how and where to seek employment.
- Emphasis is placed on developing effective telephone techniques and the utilization of Internet job leads.
- A detailed résumé is prepared for each student and copies are provided for personal use.
- Employment Specialists also facilitate employment for graduates by surveying the local market, contacting employers by telephone, email, Internet, fax, or mail, in order to secure job leads for students.
Schedule Career Services Appointment
You can schedule an appointment with our Career Services team if you are a student finishing your program soon or an Orleans graduate who wants to learn about current job openings and to get your résumé in order.
The Orleans Tech Job Board is a special service for Orleans graduates to search for job openings with our employer partners from across the region.
> Click here to access
* Contact the Career Services Department for the password to access
Although Orleans cannot guarantee employment for its graduates, every effort is made to assist graduates to secure jobs at no additional cost. The ultimate responsibility for finding employment, however, lies with the graduate.
Job search assistance continues for every graduate as long as necessary and appropriate. Employment Specialists contact all graduating students at periodic intervals after graduation to obtain employment information as required.
In Their Words