Orleans Technical College offers its employees a diverse, supportive, and exciting work environment in which the contributions of all are valued, excellence is expected, and integrity is paramount. We seek individuals with a desire to help people help themselves by providing high quality programs with top-notch customer service.
How to Apply
Instructors and school staff are employed by our parent organization, JEVS Human Services.
We’re always looking for experienced skilled trades technicians who are interested in sharing their expertise and supporting their trade. Building and construction trades faculty are needed to teach these hands-on training programs:
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating
- Building Maintenance
- Plumbing and Heating
- Residential and Commercial Electricity
Those interested in applying for instructor, assistant instructor or substitute job positions, please see the job details and applications links below. Or, you may email a resume to email@example.com or fax to 215-854-1850.
Building Trades Instructor – Daytime
Building Trades Instructor – Evenings
Assistant Building Trades Instructor
Substitute Building Trades Instructor
Summary of Job Details
Instructors teach students the tools, technologies, theories and systems of their trade. They are responsible for maintaining attendance records, submitting lesson plans, and providing progress reports and grades for students.
- Full-time (daytime) position is 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm.
- Part-time (evening) position is 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, 6:00-10:00pm.
Orleans Tech requires a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the field.
Employee Benefits Package
We are committed to the well-being and development of our employees by offering the following:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with match: Available for all benefits-eligible employees
- Ample paid sick & vacation time
- 10+ paid holidays per year
- Health, dental & vision coverage
- Tuition assistance: Available to all employees with at least one year of service, for those enrolled in job-related, accredited, degree or certificate level courses
- Life insurance: All employees are eligible for a free life insurance policy, the premium of which is paid by JEVS
- RideECO: Vouchers can be purchased on a pre-tax basis through a payroll deduction. For use for commuting via SEPTA and/or PATCO
Opportunities & Perks
- Continuing education, professional development opportunities, retreats and training
- Annual holiday party and office outings
- Wellness activities
- Dress-down Fridays
- Employee referral bonus
Working at Orleans
Hear from two of our long-term employees about their experiences working for Orleans Tech, and their dedication to our students’ needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities
JEVS Human Services and Orleans Technical College is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. JEVS will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. JEVS complies with the Fair Criminal Records Screening Standards Ordinance to ensure that we make hiring and other employment decisions based on work qualifications.