Hands-On Training for In-Demand Careers
Learn by doing!
At Orleans Tech, students receive hands-on training in Building Trades or Healthcare and gain essential technical knowledge for a successful career. Learn job skills directly from industry instructors with years of experience.
Our Building Trades Programs
Earn your Trades Diploma either full or part-time in one of the following training programs:
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating
- Building Maintenance
- Plumbing and Heating
- Residential and Commercial Electricity
Our Healthcare Programs
Orleans Technical College prepares students with the fundamentals to enter and succeed in their chosen field. Our training programs focus on hands-on, practical instruction and use current technologies, equipment, and industry tools.
When you complete one of our trades training programs, our on-site employment specialists work with you one-on-one, offering job search assistance and access to unadvertised positions with employment partners throughout the region. Our graduates are employable in entry-level positions in their chosen field.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment is projected to grow between 2019 to 2029 in the following trades:
- Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 14%.
- Employment of general maintenance and repair workers is projected to grow 6%.
- Employment of carpenters is projected to grow 6%.
- Employment of plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters is projected to grow 12%.
- Employment of electricians is projected to grow 14%. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook,” 2019–20 Edition
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment in healthcare is projected to grow 16% between 2021 to 2031.
Graduates of our Building Trades programs are eligible to receive industry-recognized certification from the NOCTI upon successful completion of certification exams.
Train Green at Orleans
We’ve enhanced each Trades curriculum with green skills training. Get prepared for the “green workforce” by learning evolving green technologies, methods, energy-efficiencies and conservation at Orleans Technical College.
Veterans Training Benefits
Orleans Tech’s hands-on, job training programs are approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Orleans proudly welcomes military servicemembers and veterans to use their G.I. Bill educational benefits, such as The Post-9/11 GI Bill or Montgomery GI Bill. To learn more, click here for our flier or contact our Veterans Training Certifying Official at 215-728-4733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women in the Trades
If you are a woman with the drive to work in the building trades, check out Orleans Tech’s career training programs. We provide a hands-on learning environment with industry-experienced instructors who support and mentor future tradeswomen. In addition, our convenient evening classes are available for busy women who are balancing family life and going back to school. To learn more, click here for our flier »
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. Orleans Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).