What Type of Jobs are Available for People Studying for a Building Maintenance Career?
Orleans Technical College is a trade school that has been in operation since 1974. We welcome all students, whether you are a seasoned worker wanting to upgrade your skills, a student new to the work world, or you’re simply ready for a change to a new career. We offer part-time and full-time programs in building maintenance that teach basic skills in painting, tiling, papering, appliance repair, air conditioning and heating maintenance, plumbing, carpentry and electricity. Many skilled workers are needed to renovate and maintain residential and commercial properties.
Types of jobs available
- Every company or business with landscaping, machinery, or a building will need maintenance workers. Whether you’ll work alone or be part of a small or large team depends on the size of the company. Large teams of full-time workers are needed at hospitals, and smaller teams of handymen are always required for apartment complexes
- Maintenance technician and mechanic jobs are always in demand. You can work in schools, hospitals, nursing homes, health care facilities, apartment complexes, and all industrial establishments. Jobs also may include an indoor and an outdoor component
- Green technology, home weatherization, energy efficiency, and transportation infrastructure jobs all require trained building maintenance workers
- A building maintenance worker can spend part of a day in a newly constructed office, installing electric outlets, and another part of the day touching up the paint in the lobby. All forms of carpentry will come in very handy
- Appliance repair jobs work with dishwashers, refrigerators, microwaves, garbage disposals, ice machines, gas and electric ranges, and automatic washers and dryers
- Learn carpentry, blueprint reading, framing, masonry, troubleshooting, and measuring, as well as how to plan and schedule projects, and follow building codes
When you attend a trade school like Orleans Technical College, you will learn a new trade in just 6 or 13 months, and give yourself knowledge and the keys to a better future. Financial aid for those who qualify and job search assistance is available. Contact us today and find out about our customized training programs and job training programs that are approved for Veterans Training Benefits. Your future is in your hands. We look forward to meeting you!
You can begin a new career in Building Maintenance in just 6 months at Orleans Tech! For more information about our upcoming class and how to get started, please use the form to request info.!