In-Demand Employment is Ultimate Goal of Trades Training
We believe that intensive, employer-driven skills training is the key to helping you find and retain employment in the competitive job market. As students at Orleans Technical College complete their training program, each meet individually with dedicated employment specialists in our Career Services Department to research, apply and interview for job openings or apprenticeships with our employer partners. These companies turn to our school for their hiring needs of quality, knowledgeable, and skilled trades workers.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment is projected to grow between 2020 to 2030 in the following trades:
- Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 5%.
- Employment of general maintenance and repair workers is projected to grow 8%.
- Employment of carpenters is projected to grow 2%.
- Employment of plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters is projected to grow 5%.
- Employment of electricians is projected to grow 9%.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook,” 2020 Edition
You can train to begin a new career in the trades in just 6 months at Orleans Tech! For more information about our upcoming courses and how to get started, please complete the request form on this page.