Trades Training for Veterans
Learn to Earn. Learn by Doing. Learn a Trade!
At Orleans Technical College in Philadelphia, our job training programs are approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. We are happy to welcome veterans and service members to utilize their educational benefits at our school, such as The Post-911 GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill®.
Orleans Tech is committed to helping veterans “retrain,” and gain marketable skills for a new career in the civilian workforce. Upon completion of your chosen training program, Orleans’ on-site employment specialists will work with you one-on-one to help you transition into your new career path through job search assistance and access to our veteran-friendly employer partners throughout the region. We will also help you to prepare a résumé that highlights your prior military experience, as well as the practical knowledge and technical skills you gain at Orleans.
Ready to take the first step? Use our form to request info about our upcoming 6-month course.
Now is Your Time to Build a Better, Rewarding Future.
Get hands-on training in one of 5 areas of the high-demand building trades and construction industry:
- Plumbing & Heating
- Building Maintenance
- Residential & Commercial Electrical
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating
Orleans Tech offers:
- Trades diploma upon completion and opportunities for industry-recognized certifications in the field
- One-on-one job search assistance with Orleans Tech’s employer partners across the region
- Industry-experienced instructors teaching the latest tools and technologies
- Compassionate staff dedicated to helping you succeed in all aspects of your education and career preparation
- Convenient 6-month classes and night school options
Don’t delay! Classes start monthly and have limited seats open.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
Orleans Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and named a 2018 “School of Distinction.”
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill