What is Post-Secondary Education at Orleans Tech?
At Orleans Technical College, we hear many of the same worries:
- “I don’t know what I want to do with my life. I don’t see myself in a career.”
- “I can’t afford to go to college. I don’t want to go into debt.”
- “I decided to go right to work after high school. Didn’t seem like many other options for me.”
- “I dropped out of high school. It wasn’t for me. But now I want to get my life back on track.”
- “I tried [college, training, etc.] before and it didn’t work out. I’m scared to go back.”
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for these scenarios. There’s not one magic program we offer that can solve the personal challenges of all of our clients. But, Orleans Tech has an expanding portfolio of post-secondary options that:
- teach skills-based careers
- create opportunities for individuals to train at the school, and have access to multiple options with Orleans’ parent organization, JEVS Human Services, to further pave a pathway of f success
All with the goal of preparing individuals for meaningful next steps in life.
What We Offer
Orleans Technical College , JEVS’s flagship CTE (career & technical education) program operated since 1974, was recognized in 2018 with a national “School of Distinction” honor by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. Our post-secondary school prepares adults for careers in the building and construction trades. Students receive intensive, real-world, hands-on training in a curriculum that is informed by local employers and evolves as new technologies, new tools, new ways of doing things, come along. Orleans Tech also partners with local high schools to provide career exploration opportunities in the skilled trades.
Orleans Tech has forged partnerships with service companies and contractors throughout the region to provide entry-level jobs to graduates of the school. As an example of this commitment to workforce development, 78% of the 60 graduates* of one of the school’s training programs were placed into related employment. (* Began electrical training between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.)
You can train to begin a new career in the trades in just 6 months at Orleans Tech! For more information about our upcoming courses and how to get started, please complete the request form on this page.