What Types of People Pursue Trades Training?
Through short-term (6 or 13 months), employment-focused skills training, Orleans Technical College trains students in five areas of the building and construction trades. Taught by industry-experienced instructors, the training curriculum is hands-on and real-world: we expose students to the systems, technologies, equipment and tools of the trade. We provide opportunities for industry credentials, and offer job placement assistance through our network of local employer partners.
Student Body Make-Up
So what types of people attend Orleans Tech? People from all walks of life! Individuals who want to begin or advance their careers in today’s workforce, such as:
- Recent high school graduates
- Adults returning to school
- Individuals currently working within fields that Orleans trains, but want to upgrade their skills or advance in their companies
- Individuals who may have been recently laid off and want to train for a more stable job
- People who hold an associate or bachelor’s degree, but want to change career paths
- Women who welcome the challenge of working in this non-traditional field
- Military veterans who need new training in order to find employment in the civilian workforce